Are you putting of an upgrade of BMC Performance Manager Portal because of time, effort, learning curve, or risk? If that’s the case then let BMC Support work with you to ensure these concerns are no longer a factor in the upgrade process.
BMC deigned AMIGO to allow you to work with BMC Support and other resources as needed to review your upgrade plan and to review your environment to see where areas of concern may be. BMC wants to help you with a smooth transition to the latest release.
The highlight of the program is that you get to spend quality time with Support reviewing the upgrade plan you have put together to see if every aspect has been covered. The BMC Performance Manager Portal has many different moving parts, for example the database, the application server(s), the web server(s), as well as the Remote Service Monitors. These different areas are all areas to watch out for when upgrading. You can take advantage of our experience with upgrading lots of customers to ensure your upgrade is smooth.
The attachment is the PortalAmigoDocuments.rar contains the following:
1) Portal AMIGO Datasheet.pdf - A one page summary which contains the benefits of AMIGO.
2) Portal AMIGO Introduction.pptx - A presentation which provides an overview of the AMIGO concept, workflow, and its benefits.
3) Portal_AMIGO_Checklist.pdf - A checklist which provides requirements, steps, and tips for Portal 2.11.00 upgrades.
4) Sample_BPM_Portal_Migration_and_Upgrade_Plan.docx - A sample outline of a migration/upgrade plan to help you start your personalized plan.
This information will help you "jump start" your upgrade
The AMIGO program includes:
» A "Question and Answer" session before you upgrade
» An upgrade checklist to help you include all product areas in your upgrade plan
» A review of your upgrade plan with Customer Support
» Helpful tips and tricks for upgrade success from previous customer upgrades
» A follow-up session with Customer Support to let them know how it went. This will help BMC to enhance the process.
To get started review the attached checklist and then open a BMC Support issue containing your environment information (product, version, OS, etc.) and the planned date of the installation, if known. We will contact you promptly, and work with you to ensure a successful and timely outcome.
- BMC Portal - Original
- BMC Performance Manager Portal
- BMC Portal - Original