This document was previously published as:KA422837
To generate the report: first, check to see if you have the report defined in the standard location: Workspace -> Administrative Domains -> Self-monitoring -> Works -> Diagnostic Report - Sizing Report
If there, simply open the report, run it, and provide a copy of the output (PDF, XLS, and other formats are available).
If the report is not listed, please follow the steps below to add the report before running.
Adding the report to TSCO/BCO
For 10.5 and later: In TSCO 10.5 and later the Sizing Report is available as an out of the box report template so skip to the "Defining the report" section below.
For 10.3, 10.0, and 9.5 versions: For TSCO 10.3, 10.0, and 9.5 it is necessary to first import the report template into your environment
Importing the report template into TSCO 10.3, 10.0, and BCO version 9.5
(1) Attached to this KA is the Sizing Report template file (sizing_report_95) for CO version 9.5. Download it to your PC.
(2) Add the Report Template in BCO
(2.1) Under Administration -> Template Management -> Report templates click the "Add a new advanced report template" button at the top of the Report Templates table. This will bring up the Add report template screen.
(2.2) In the Add report template screen, enter the following fields:
Name: Diagnostic - Sizing Report
Type: Advanced - BIRT [This is the default selection]
(2.3) At the bottom of the screen (you may need to scroll down) click the "Upload" button in the 'Template File' section. This will bring up the 'Upload Report Template' dialog box
(2.4) Click the 'Browse...' button and select the [report name].rptdesign file that should be available on your PC.
(2.5) Click the 'Upload' button. This will upload the report and close the 'Upload report template' dialog box returning you to the Add report template screen.
(2.6) Click the 'Save' button.
Defining the report
(1) Under Workspace -> Administrative Domains -> Self-monitoring click the 'Add Works' button and select 'Add Report' from the menu.
(3) In the Wizard select "Based on a Template"
(4) In the "Select report template" screen select:
Template group: Diagnostic
Template: Diagnostic - Sizing Report
(5) In the "Select the generation schedule for this report" screen just select 'next' (no changes are required here).
(6) In the "Name" screen just select 'next' (no changes are required here).
(7) Select Works -> Diagnostic Report - Sizing Report and click the 'Run report now' button. The report usually finishes quickly (within a few minutes).
(8) Send the Excel Spreadsheet (XLS) report (or other format) that is generated.