How can I test to see if a Plugin Server is running and responsive?
The "AR System Plugin Server Test Program" can be used to test the connection directly to a plugin server.
Download the attached PluginserverLiveTestSuite.zip, which contains the readme file and a zipped file with the utility.
Extract PluginserverLiveTestSuite.zip into a local directory.
This utility verifies that a plugin server running on the given host and port number is up and running.
It simply checks to see if the plugin server is processing RPC calls. It does not check if the plugins themselves are working.
This utility creates an RPC TCP client connection to the given plugin server and triggers a simple inexpensive call ArEsSignal.
It is a no-op for plugin server. If no error it means the plugin server is up and running and accepting RPC calls.
If there is an exception, it means that the clients can’t talk to the plugin server or the plugin server is too busy to
process RPC calls.
1. Extract all of the files from this distribution (pluginserverlivetest.zip) into your file system, for example:
Let's call your install directory "<YourInstallDir>"
2. Ensure that <YourInstallDir> includes the following files.
3. From <YourInstallDir>, locate "pluginserverlivetest.bat" file and update the 'JavaPath', 'server_name', 'plugin_server_port', and 'timeout' according to your configuration.
The default primary plugin server port is 9999 (see ar.cfg and pluginsvr_config.xml or the Centralized Configuration).
You can edit the batch file to run against multiple plugin servers. You can also run this from Windows to connect to a Unix plugin server.
Here is an example batch file:
HOW TO USE
* On Windows system
run pluginserverlivetest.bat batch file from <YourInstallDir>
* Unix system
run ./pluginserverlivetest.sh script file from <YourInstallDir>
* Output when pluginsvr is up running:
The server with the given name at the given port is up and running remedyprod:9999
* If you see "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException" it means not all 3 required program arguments were provided.
Please see INSTALL section above.
* Below error means plugin server with the port is not running or you did not provide correct server_name or plugin port.