Automatically updating the Patch Knowledge Base requires a permanent Internet connection. If your Patch Manager is not connected to the Internet, you can still keep the Patch Knowledge Base up-to-date. This process consists of downloading the files on another device, putting them on the Patch Manager and updating the Patch Knowledge Base with these files. To do so, proceed as follows:
- Access another device with an agent installed on it and has access to the internet.
- Launch the command line tool as administrator.
- Go to the bin folder of the agent. Typically, the agent is located at,
- Create a temporary 'patch' folder in the bin folder of the agent.
- From the bin folder, launch the command line and enter the following command. .
mtxpatch.exe -u --outdir=./patch --tmpdir=./patch --manifest=https://content.ivanti.com/data/oem/BMC-Numara/data/925/manifest/partner.manifest.xml
- In the 'patch' folder, a new file is created,
update.bin. If this file is not present then update.log file should indicate why.
- On the master server, copy the update.bin file to the
- Remove the temporary 'patch' folder in the bin folder of the agent.
- Restart the master server. The knowledge base will be updated and then sent to all devices.