Running AR Server installation in Upgrade mode from ARS 8.1.02 to 9.1.02 and after selecting Java 64bit jre path, on Java Platform Validation the following error is displayed:
"You have selected an incorrect 64bit JRE path. Please select the correct JRE path and continue"
Check the following:
- Verify correct 64bit jre path is present on the server and is set for 'JAVA_HOME' variable under Environment Variable of the server.
This can be verified this by > right click on This PC > Properties > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables > under System Variable verify 'JAVA_HOME' variable value.
Also check the 'Path' variable and verify the same jre path is mentioned here.
- In armonitor.cfg verified the same jre path is present for 'pluginsvr'
- Verify the correct java is used through command prompt 'java -version'
- Verify in the Windows Registry the path for Java is also set correctly.
- Take into consideration the following:
The variable "NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation". 'non-8dot3' is used to generate short names.
When this is used against for example "C:\Program Files" it converts it to "C:\PROGRA~1" where the space between the 2 words 'Program' & 'File' is converted."
But this behavior is different when it come to other drives like "D:\Program Files" where the space between the two words is not converted which causes the Windows to read it incorrectly.
- From Remedy point to resolve the issue we need to install the Java under C:\Program Files or D:\Java (no program file) and it will not cause the error.
- From Operating System point follow Article:
Remedy - Server - Installer fails on Windows when short name for paths is disabled via Windows Registry setting
to make the required changes, after which we can install java under D:\Program File\Java
Remedy - JDK/JRE 1.9.x compatibility with ARS/ITSM applications
Remedy - Server - v.9.x Installers not recognizing Java Update as a valid version. Error:"Invalid 64-bit JRE version" or/and "Invalid 32-bit JRE version"