- In order to upgrade to Track-It! 11.4, you must be running Track-It! 11.0 (184.108.40.2060), 11.1 (220.127.116.117), 11.2 (18.104.22.1685), or 11.3 (22.214.171.1245).
Important!If the Track-It! Web components are installed on a server other than where Track-It! is installed, and you are upgrading from Track-It! 11.2 or earlier, the following steps should be taken prior to installing the Track-It! 11.4 update:
- Please ensure that all technicians have closed Track-It! before running the update installer. During installation several Track-It! services will be stopped, which may cause errors to appear within the application after the installation completes.
- It is HIGHLY recommended that the installer NOT be run through session based Remote Control tools such as Terminal Services and Remote Desktop. Running any installer in this manner may not properly register the necessary DLLs and may fail to enter needed registry entries on the server, which will generate errors when either Track-It! is run, or when attempting to perform certain functions in the application after the update has been applied. For more information on installing an update through a session based remote control session, such as Remote Desktop, please see Track-It! updates and Remote Desktop or other session based remote control products
- Please run the installer from the Desktop of the Track-It! server. If the update installer is run from within the Track-It! folders themselves, it will see itself in use and will not allow the installation to proceed.
- After installing the update, the Technician Client machines will see that a newer version is available and will install the new version automatically.
- Upgrade process will rebuild search indexes so you may unable to use search functionality till the search index process get completed. Time to complete the search indexes is depends on the size of Track-It! database.
- On the Track-It! server open the following directory (default path is shown):
C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Track-It!\Track-It! Server
C:\Program Files\Numara Software\Numara Track-It!\Track-It! Server
- Under the Track-It! Server folder location create a folder named OldPasswordResetSettings.
- Next, on the Track-It! Web server copy the following files...
...to the Track-It! server share's OldPasswordResetSettings folder that you created earlier.
- web.config - under ..\BMC Software\Track-It! Web\Password Reset
- AccountManagementService.exe.config - under ..\BMC Software\Track-It! Web\Password Reset\Account Management Service
When technicians run Track-It! Technician Client after the update has been applied, the client will automatically update.NOTE:
- Click Here to download the Track-It! 11.4 Update from EPD.
- Under Product Updates on the left side of the page, click Track-It! 11.4 and then download the TI11.4Update.exe installer.
- After downloading the update installer have everyone close Track-It!.
- On the Track-It! server, run the Track-It! 11.4 Update installer.
- When the Welcome screen appears, click Next
- Review the message about disconnecting the users who may still be in Track-It!, and then click Yes to continue.
- Review the license agreement and then click Yes.
- Review the important messages on the next screen and then click Next.
- If Track-It! Server and Track-It! Web are installed on the same server, the "Choose Destination Locations" window will list the paths for both folder locations. Leave both check boxes enabled and then click Next.
If the machine you are running the update on only has Track-It! Server or Track-It! Web installed, make sure the appropriate box is checked, and then click Next.
- Click Yes if prompted to stop the IIS Admin service. This is to ensure that the files are not in use during the installation.
- If prompted for DB Administrator credentials, enter the SA username and password, or the credentials of a system administrator user for the database server, and then click Next.
- Choose whether a backup should be done before proceeding and then click Next. A backup of the Track-It! database and configuration files can be done in case you must roll back to the prior version.
- Click Next to begin the installation.
- Finally, click Finish on the final screen.
- Reboot the server if prompted to do so.
- If Track-It! 11.x Web is installed on a separate server, make sure to run the Track-It! 11.4 update installer on that server as well so that Web can be updated to the same version.