- Open SQL Server Management Studio (or SQL Server Management Studio Express) on the existing Track-It! SQL database server.
- Login as SA or an SA equivalent account.
- Expand the Databases folder.
- Right-click the database that you would like to backup and select Tasks -> Back Up.
- If a file path already appears in the "Destination" window at the bottom, take note of the path and name of the backup file that will be created and skip down to step 9. If a file path does not exist in the window, click the Add button and continue with the steps below.
- Click the ellipse button to the right of the "File name" field.
- In the "File name" field at the bottom of the "Locate Database Files" window, enter the desired backup file name. This will be the name of the backup file once the backup is complete. Take note of the path where the backup file will be created.
- Click Ok Locate Database Files window and then click Ok to close the "Select Backup Destination" window.
- Click Ok to begin the backup.
- Click Ok once the backup is complete.
You can refer Setting up scheduled Track-It! 20.xx Database backups using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
to set up regular Database backups.