How to move or restore a Track-It 20.xx Database to a different SQL Server?
NOTE: In case you're looking to Restore the Database on the same SQL Server, please refer How to restore a Track-It 20.xx Database on the same SQL Server
13. Each of those DSNs need to be reconfigured. Edit each DSN's and change the SQL Server name to point to the new SQL server. Click Next.
14. Enter SQL SA or system admin credentials | Click Next.
15. Tick the Change the default database to: check box | Select the newly restored Track-It! database | Click Next.
16. Click Finish | Click Test Data Source | Click Ok 3 times to close ODBCAD32.
NOTE: If the ODBC Test fails repeat steps 13 - 16 until the test succeeds.
17. Go to Tools folder located at ..\Program Files (x86)\BMC\Track-It!\Tools and run the BMC.TrackIt.Utilities.DBLogins.exe as an Administrator.
18. Enter the password for the SA SQL Server Admin account. Either Select an ODBC, i.e. "Track-It" to the database or Tick the Use Server/Database Radio button and Enter the Database server name and Database name.
19. Provide New _SMSYSADMIN_ password and confirm it. and Click OK. The BMC.TrackIt.Utilities.DBLogins.exe utility will report:
"SQL database accounts have been reset. The password has been changed. User account passwords have been reset to 'welcome'."
20. On the application server, launch the " BMC.TrackIt.Utilities.SAUtility.exe" as Administrator from ..\Program Files (x86)BMC\Track-It\Tools\ directory.
21. Provide the Track-It DSN, the Old Password, the New Password and confirm the Password of the _SMSYSADMIN_ account.
22. Click on OK and wait until the tool confirms that the password has been changed and exits.
23. Perform an IISRESET by running Command Prompt as an Administrator on the 20xx Server and Start the Track-It! Infrastructure Service manually.
24. Log into Track-It! 20xx with the Administrator account and verify that metadata loads successfully.